Thursday, September 27, 2012

Most memorable part of the trip

I'd have to say the most popular question asked of myself since being home would have to be what is my most memorable part of the trip. Without question, my answer has always been about the moment the three of us were climbing in the Cascades. We started out for Rainy Pass, which the day grew longer and longer with not a whole lot of time to spare before sun down. We were not sure how much farther to the top of Rainy Pass and not to mention after would be Washington Pass. I began to get nervous for the safety of Whistler and where we would set up camp. Raining, snow all around, and not many options. Nick and I "talked" it over and turned around a short distance where we thought a slightly better place to set up camp was.
Nick hustled to get everything set up as fast as he could, meanwhile Whistler crying to get out of his chariot. He and I eventually went inside and I hurried as fast as I could to get him bundled in warm clothing so he would not freeze. He continued to scream and cry (mainly because he was tired), but we manged to get him situated. A little bit later I hear Nick talking with some people who pulled over to check on us.
Come to find  out it was a group of cyclists that just finished their own weekend trip and had plenty of water and food to spare. Nick came back to the tent with salmon, salad, Greek yogurt, and most memorable blueberries. When Whistler saw all of the blueberries his eyes lit up like he had never seen blueberries before. Within that very moment I knew Whistler was going to be okay, I knew we were all going to survive an evening of what seemed to circulate a great amount of nerves. It turned out to be such an amazing night, all cuddled in cozy and warm through the evening.
The next day was incredibly beautiful as we finished the climb, reached the top of two major passes, flew downhill as though we were flying with an amazing view of nature alongside of us. Adrenalin was kicked in and smiles just as wide as the pavement below us on our face.

1 comment:

  1. blueberries=joy, I totally agree with Whistler... This trip will always be in your hearts and minds!
    Love lots, Tanya-Sasha

    ReplyDelete