Saturday, May 26, 2012

Little does he know....

Never would I have imagined, at 30 years old I would be preparing for a bike trip cross the country with my partner and my son. When teachers, professors, parents ask what do you want to do with your life, where do you think you will be in ten years from now, never would I have imagined this is where I would be.
Today I look at all that I have accomplished in my life and the many different roads I have traveled and yet never have I traveled such a road or roads that I am about to bike across for 3 months. 

Nick on the other had an opportunity as a young fourteen year old to bike from California to Virginia with a bunch of college students. 
Little did he know that at the age of 34 he would be preparing for a bike ride with not a bunch of college kids, but his partner and his son.

Little does our son (a bright adventurous 2yr. old) realize what lies only a couple weeks away. 
From the time Whistler was a newbie he has been venturing into the world from what we refer to as his space ship. With mommy running him all over the streets of Kailua Kona, and daddy biking him from beach to beach, he has spent many hours growing up in his chariot.

I know some have asked why are we biking with a two year old on such a long trip and others like to say that he won't remember the trip, why not wait until he is older.
Honestly, Nick and I feel there is no better time than now to take this trip. Somewhere in our son's heart and mind he will remember riding in his chariot behind his daddy all over the United States. He may not understand which state we are in, but he will be able to see new elements he has not had the opportunity to see living on an island.  


What a better way for Whistler to experience the parts of the world, but to experience them first hand. He will have the opportunity to see new parks to play on, new foods to eat, different campsites to spend his nights sleeping, and many many more excitements. 





We have already been talking about the yummy apples we get to eat when we get into Washington, the bears we may encounter through the Rocky Mountains, the off beaten trails through Wyoming to get to Yellow Stone, an Amtrak ride from Denver-to Chicago-to-Winona, Mn. (just to get Nick his cheese curds), an Amtrak ride out of Milwaukee-to-Kentucky, reaching the Smokey Mountains, making our way down to Georgia and hopefully not being greeted by the Florida Gators as we get near my parents house..........

 
 

6 comments:

  1. I truly feel that Whistler will remember God's beauty and the simple things in life for a lifetime! This Adventure will shape your lives for the best and the 3 of you will grow in ways that will bless this world! Use your eyes to see all God has for you and each spot you see, Smile and know how much you are loved! Love Mom and Rodger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke, found your blog through Bree's. We travel a lot with Ryan, and while he may not remember most of what he's done- in the moment you are doing things with your son, he will experience happiness & adventure...and it will shape him. It will help create a zest for the open road, an appreciation for the creature comforts that we have, and he will also become a hardy traveler. You're doing the right thing!!! Have a safe, wonderful trip. ~Jolene & Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have the time of your lives and be safe. I look forward to following your trek on this blog. Aloha, phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish me, Cory, Reagan, and Ridge were experiencing this with you all. I have to admit I'm a little envious (in a good way)! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Αttractіve component оf cоntent.
    Ӏ juѕt stumblеԁ upon yοur site and in aсcession capital
    to assеrt that I get in fact loved accοunt уouг blοg pоsts.

    Αny way I'll be subscribing in your augment and even I achievement you get admission to constantly rapidly.

    Also visit my blog https://www.scs-ptc.com

    ReplyDelete